ok, new around here; and don't have a shop manual (yet)...

I'm putting in LED bulbs and have a new flasher relay too...problems...where is the flasher relay??:bonk:

thanks!

come on guys:banghead:

over 20 views on this now and NO ONE out there has a service manual and willing to take a couple of minutes to look this up...please??:cry:

come on guys:banghead:

over 20 views on this now and NO ONE out there has a service manual and willing to take a couple of minutes to look this up...please??:cry:

up front of the steering column.

If you're referring to a xr650l, the turn signal relay is mounted on the bottom right side of the headlight stay. You should be able to get access to it by removing the headlight/number plate assembly.

I'm putting in LED bulbs and have a new flasher relay too...problems...where is the flasher relay??:bonk:

thanks!

i read a thread here that said with the led turn signals you need a special flasher and have to remove the bulbs in the "dash" turn indicators. i will try to find that thread.

ok, well I tried the Kragen electronic variable flasher=no workie, or I ordered the unit from Procycle.com. Now light flash, but like hazards; both sides at the same time. SOooo, I guessing now I need to either remove the turn signal light bulb or cut it's wire. Does anyone happen to know a "easy" way to get to the bulb? It looks like it will be a bit of a PITA.:excuseme:

Just a little 411 it helps to list the year and model and engine size. As the wiring for a L model and a R model is vastly different as is a 500-600-650. Also, a manual is one of the first things you should buy, they are only $30. Good luck :thumbsup:

Ok heres what I did, I put in an electronic flasher, next installed resistors 10ohm I think and instead of removing the dash indicator I gounded one side of the socket and placed a diode so it wouldnt back feed and works awesome, kinda of hard to explain but I got led turnsignals front and rear and the indicator works :thumbsup: