HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omnivortex

GLAMIS

3 posts in this topic

I normally ride at about 2500 - 3000 ft in the Cal city / el mirage areas. I am going to Glamis next weekend and it will be the first time I have ridden my WR 426 in the dunes. (Normally its my 00' YZ 250) I am going to get a paddle...any reccomendations on the number of paddles on the tire? Will I have to change the jetting or can I just tweak the air / fuel screws?

Please advise...

Ahh, Glamis....how I wish I were within a day's drive from there. Anyway, enough dreaming. I would recommend a Skat Trak 8 paddle, and drop your front sprocket 1 tooth to a 13 (based on stock gearing). Also, as you well know from your YZ250, firm suspension is the key. I ran about 10 psi in both tires and had pretty good success. As far as the power goes, my 98 WR400 was keeping up with a slightly modified (pipe, jetted) KX250 on the hills. The 13T sprocket really made a difference.

Have fun! Wish I were going!!!

Oh yeah, take off your mudflap, too, but you probably already knew that..

I have a "custom" mudflap...I took and old one and cut it in half...doesnt rub on the tire yet still protects the shock..

thanks for the tips..