HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T-Doshi9

i hate the stock pipe

17 posts in this topic

i hate the the stock pipe. what pipes are you guys using on your 650ls. any good place to fine used pipes? im looking to get rid of this pipe and get the new pipe.

I run stock header but jet coated with a white brothers E series muffler.

I like that style muffler because you can tune it with the amount of disc you put on/take off and because it isn't near as long as most others + it's good looking too.

They don't make it any more though, I got mine off of ebay.

DSC04663.jpg

DSC04560.jpg

I just put on the White Brother's new model XCR slip-on my 03 XR650L...sounds great and provides noticeable boost. :ride: Price off ebay store for new one was about $250 delivered.

i run the e2 series slip on with stock head pipe.

huffa, that header looks really nice!

my dad also has the e-series and i like its tuneability and sound better than my e2.

i run the e2 series slip on with stock head pipe.

huffa, that header looks really nice!

my dad also has the e-series and i like its tuneability and sound better than my e2.

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

So how does the E sound towards the E 2 if both had same # of disc on ?

Your E 2 IS tuneable too, correct ?

the e2 doesnt use disc's. it only has 2 replaceable tips/outlets. 1 is a big open hole(for closed course), the other a smaller hole with a spark arrestor screen.

the e2 doesnt use disc's. it only has 2 replaceable tips/outlets. 1 is a big open hole(for closed course), the other a smaller hole with a spark arrestor screen.

OHHHHH, I didn't know that, thought it had disc inside it, must be thinking of another muffler :excuseme:

Seems like a step backwards, I most definitly like the FINE tuning capability of the old one better.

:excuseme: Now it bugs me which muffler had inside disc, I'm almost postive I saw that somewhere :excuseme:

XRs only full system in stainless.

Goblin...I'm considering the Full XRO full stainless also....however, I've heard the stock header has a much better fit than ANY aftermarket headers...

What's your take with the aftermarket XRO header? Good fit?

Huffa has a nice stock header setup...might be a better way to go...

I just installed the Supertrapp ISD2 quiet series.The intallation was really straightforward (about 30 mins.)The sound is a little more than the stock pipe but not that much.And it does increases power.Has lots of low end grunt,haven't tried at top speed yet but then it's tunneable.

Goblin...I'm considering the Full XRO full stainless also....however, I've heard the stock header has a much better fit than ANY aftermarket headers...

What's your take with the aftermarket XRO header? Good fit?

Huffa has a nice stock header setup...might be a better way to go...

I think the header fit was very tight,its only been mounted once and sofar I can't detect any leaks. The tail pipe section was a little frustrating at first,but it went together and have not had any problems. The header it larger diamiter than stock,but you probably know that.

On my 2000 650L I run a Fmf header with an older xl600 pipe and I did removed the small plate to remove carbon (thats what the manual says...) under it. I have a supertapp but was never able to tune the bike with the supertrapp on it. Sound is an issue for me so the stocker is nice. The Xl 600 pipe does flow much better than the stock L unit. The output pipe is much bigger. I think it cause the Xl had a better flowing head because of the dual carb setup.