Sparkplug Cap Resistor?

The oil threads are awesome no matter what forum/group motorcycle or automobile!

Don't forget about the tricked out spark plugs (like splitfire & iridium) threads.

Now how to put the pro's and con's of this thread into a spreadsheet or something?

I've wondered about the spark plug resistor mod on a BPR. That's one of the first mods on an XR250R. On a 250 it'll feel a little snappier.

I've wondered about the spark plug resistor mod on a BPR. That's one of the first mods on an XR250R. On a 250 it'll feel a little snappier.

Dont know why it would have, all it does is provide an uninterrupted spark, so it might of started a little better but doubt it would of been snappier or made extra hp.

I think just because the part happens to be called a "resistor," when people take it out it is just a placebo effect.

The only thing I've read in this thread that sounds grounded in any documented fact is the extra 200rpm on the top end, not more power just more rpm. I wouldn't think that is to far out of reach, but increasing the power to a noticable level, doubtfull.

The only thing I can even think of is something else in the system is failing or weak and takeing out the resistance in the system is a bandage, but I don't know how.

I still wouldn't remove something in a electrical system without knowing 100% what it does and is going to do to everything else. Ignition components aren't cheap.

Dont know why it would have, all it does is provide an uninterrupted spark, so it might of started a little better but doubt it would of been snappier or made extra hp.

If you're ever in the USA, come by I'll let you ride it. Also, if it's easier to start, won't every BRP owner do this mod. Remember, mines a 250. But I'm looking for 650 to ride in the desert.