Can you turn the WR's lights off?

Mine has a switch to turn them off. No photo though, and it's a 2000 WR400 not a fancy new 450.

No switch on my 07 450, it wouldn't be hard to install one though, I don't see what it could hurt, I mean... If your bulb just burnt out/ you would not likely have charging problems because of it.

No switch on my 07 450, it wouldn't be hard to install one though, I don't see what it could hurt, I mean... If your bulb just burnt out/ you would not likely have charging problems because of it.

Nothing for me to charge at all. No battery since I don't have e-start. The switch just simply turns off the lights. It's an OEM part.

I've got a '06 and I ordered the switch and wiring harness for a '03 and mounted it on the bars. Just a little splicing behind the headlight and its done. I can now turn off my headlight and taillight.

On my '07 WR I installed a push/hold - push/release tiny button behind the number plate and cut on of the headlight wires for the switch to complete the circuit. I only need the light for the rangers or if I get caught out late. The rear light runs off the CDI and I didn't want to mess with that one. WR Dave.

100_1091.jpg

The current builds up and blows the switch off the end of the wire and alot of sparks shoot out and light the gas tank on fire, just like in the house when you turn the lights off.? . Sorry I couldn't resist the humor, actually if the current isn't required it isn't produced by the ignition system, it's a demand system that can be burnt out by overload , but not by taking things off line. :prof: WR Dave.

• 7 months later...

On my 2003 WR250F, I undid the small screw on the on/off switch that is usually stuck on. Take the switch off, pull out the 'U' shaped clip inside, put the switch back on and the switch will now move up and down, allowing you to turn it off!

on my 07 I can turn the lights on and off with this switch I installed while making it street legal .

DSC00900.jpg

I also put a keyed switch in place of the on button to the right of the vapor in the pic

DSC00899.jpg

better view with bike apart

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

on my 07 I can turn the lights on and off with this switch I installed while making it street legal .

DSC00900.jpg

That's a nice switch, but what is the OEM kill switch for? Didn't you wire that up to your switch's kill switch?

Also, did you do a high/low beam on your bike? If so, what part did you order or use to make your lamp high/low?

eddie

That's a nice switch, but what is the OEM kill switch for? Didn't you wire that up to your switch's kill switch?

Also, did you do a high/low beam on your bike? If so, what part did you order or use to make your lamp high/low?

eddie

The '07 already has a High/Low beam socket and bulb, you just have to connect to the wire for the second filament.

eddie

If you notice on my bike I don't have the stock levers . the stock kill switch is now a override for the nutraul safety switch . so I can start in gear if need be . and yes I have high and low beam