HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husky123

'06 650R for $3000

11 posts in this topic

Fellas,

I have a possible line on a 650R with a Baja Designs street kit on it for $3000. The bike is pretty much stock but the shop has used it to do some track days in supermoto form. I'd get the bike with the stock 21/18's. I don't really know how many miles are on it but I wouldn't think too much if it's just on the track.

The bike looks brand new. It also has been rejetted and is running a FMF pipe.

Does this sound like a good deal? And what do you think I could flip it for in a year or so? Thanks.

Lee

Smoken deal (at least out here where the governator rules)

jump on it...you should be able to flip out next year at breakeven, worst case...

My 2 cents

How well do you know the guy(s) selling it? Would they give the true story about the usage and maintenance?

If so, and what they say jives with what you see, grab it. An 06 plated xrr for 3 large is a very good deal.

Yep it's my local dealer....actually the owner who I know well. Thanks fellas. I may just pull the trigger on her!

Are you kidding? I had a feeling you may make a move on that bike. Is he giving you both sets of wheels? If so then you will make that up in 6 months easy.

Fellas,

I have a possible line on a 650R with a Baja Designs street kit on it for $3000. The bike is pretty much stock but the shop has used it to do some track days in supermoto form. I'd get the bike with the stock 21/18's. I don't really know how many miles are on it but I wouldn't think too much if it's just on the track.

The bike looks brand new. It also has been rejetted and is running a FMF pipe.

Does this sound like a good deal? And what do you think I could flip it for in a year or so? Thanks.

Lee

If you have never owned a XR650R and this is a clean one, at that price it is a steal, and if you like to ride motorcycles, you will not be thinking about flipping it in a year or so once you ride it...:applause:

If you have never owned a XR650R and this is a clean one, at that price it is a steal, and if you like to ride motorcycles, you will not be thinking about flipping it in a year or so once you ride it...:applause:

What he said. :thumbsup:

Pretty well sums it up.

Yeah I had an '00 650R. I actually broke the frame on it (don't ask) and had to part it out. That left a little hole in my heart and I'm thinking about remounting one and actually racing it on the east coast....that's right racing one in the woods. What's up.