HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
runester

Tag T2 SX bend compared to stock 07 yz450 pro tapers

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, I am lookin at these sweet white powder coat t2's and even though I dont generally try to trick my bikes cosmetics I really like these bars, here is my question, I am kinda' short at 5 9' and 170 lbs, I like the bend on the stock bars so does anyone know how the tag SX bend comapres to the stock pro tapers, I like the architecture of the pro tapers and prefer as little sweep as possible and a LOW bend, and really have no idea how the SX compares to the yamaha bend of the PT's

Thanks all!

Rune

Hey all, I am lookin at these sweet white powder coat t2's and even though I dont generally try to trick my bikes cosmetics I really like these bars, here is my question, I am kinda' short at 5 9' and 170 lbs, I like the bend on the stock bars so does anyone know how the tag SX bend comapres to the stock pro tapers, I like the architecture of the pro tapers and prefer as little sweep as possible and a LOW bend, and really have no idea how the SX compares to the yamaha bend of the PT's

Thanks all!

Rune

If you think 5'9 is short you must work in the NBA.

I have Renthal twinwalls and a guy at the track told me they were really bad bars to run because they are too stiff. He said go to Pro Tapers and my arm pump would go away. Is this true?

i have a set of them on my 07 yz250f. i'm a savage and towering 5'6" and 165 lbs. the protapers have a shorter mid section and sweep back immediately from the center, while the t2's have a long midsection and gradually sweep back. overall, they're comparable. i gotta say though; i think that the t2's bend pretty easy. also, i needed to run the t2's a little pulled back to me. stickers come right off too, no biggy.

If you think 5'9 is short you must work in the NBA.

I have Renthal twinwalls and a guy at the track told me they were really bad bars to run because they are too stiff. He said go to Pro Tapers and my arm pump would go away. Is this true?

From my experience, yes pro-tapers will reduce arm pump compared to twinwalls. Me and my buddy had a pair and they were nutorious for not flexing enuogh. But, what do you expect from bars that will withstand casing a tripple, and taking the full impact on one side and never even tweaking.(I watched my buddy do this..) Since i switched, i have had less arm pump, but more bent bars.

From my experience, yes pro-tapers will reduce arm pump compared to twinwalls. Me and my buddy had a pair and they were nutorious for not flexing enuogh. But, what do you expect from bars that will withstand casing a tripple, and taking the full impact on one side and never even tweaking.(I watched my buddy do this..) Since i switched, i have had less arm pump, but more bent bars.

Well thats great because I never crash.