exhaust dB. question

I have a race coming up at Hollister GP track in Ca. They have a 99dB. limit. I have an FMF TI Powercore which is 100dB(I have never tested it). If I put the spark arrester cone in would it quiet it down any ?

I have a race coming up at Hollister GP track in Ca. They have a 99dB. limit. I have an FMF TI Powercore which is 100dB(I have never tested it). If I put the spark arrester cone in would it quiet it down any ?

I have an FMF Titanium 4 slip-on with the power bomb header. I bought the quiet core from FMF and it registered 98.5 db.

I doubt the spark arrester alone will lower the db, but a quiet core may get you thru the test.

A db Dawg would probably drop the sound enough. I put one in the stock pipe pipe on my '04 and it made a very noticeable difference. Be prepared to fiddle with the fuel screw, pilot, or needle clip, though. On mine, dropping the needle 2 positions made a big difference- from boggy low end to very rideable.

I'm running an FMF Q2 on the bike now.

Hollister hills is my fav. riding park. I go there 10 times per 6 months. I have an 02 yz426 with a powercore 4 and quiet insert and I have passed their sound test. Good Luck

I have an FMF Titanium 4 slip-on with the power bomb header. I bought the quiet core from FMF and it registered 98.5 db.

I doubt the spark arrester alone will lower the db, but a quiet core may get you thru the test.

Radio Shack sells a sound meter for $50 if you want to spend the $? I saw it today at the store but I'm not sure how accurate it is?

Is the race you are doing part of the amp fall series??