HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Molly55

XR650L plastics swap out

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am looking at this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR-2006-HONDA-XR650L-XR-650-L-CUSTOM-BLACK-ONE-OWNER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50012QQihZ005QQitemZ150151135745QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The guy had it painted black and I would want it back to the original red and white. What would my options be here, and roughly how much would it cost? I assume I would be looking at replacing this tank and plastics. I would prefer a plastic tank anyhow, in either red or white. Would any of you be interested in trading your red plastics for this black stuff if I buy the bike? Guy claims that it was prepped, primed, and painted with auto body paint. He runs a car dealership so I assume he has decent paint on it. I don't think its from a spray can.

Thanks from a new poster.

i can tell you that aftermarket fenders are about 25-30 bucks. the elephant ears are pricey, but wouldnt be needed with a plastic tank. side covers are pricey too. i think it looks good all blacked out.

I've looked at a few sites and not found many aftermarket plastics for this model. Acerbis in fact does not list them from what I see. They do have the tank though for it.

Does anyone know where I might find some of these plastics online?

Yes that is a photochop job on the gal.

Thanks again

i have an accerbis xr400 front on my xrl and a ufo crf450 rear fender. these really modernize the look of the bike. the TT store or bike bandit for parts.

Is there a cross ref that shows what parts fit which years/models? The one on TT does not seem to be working.