1/2 ton towing toy hauler

I know this has been brought up a lot before but i couldnt find anything that met my criteria, i have a 2001 gmc sierra 1500, it is 2wd and has a 5.3l engine with 30,000 miles. It has the tow haul feature, along with all the other towing packages. i am really looking at the weekend warrior 19fk superlite. I want to know before i buy it, how my truck will do towing this.

dry weight on the trailor is around 3,300 and fully loaded i caculated it to being around 6000 pounds (7 bikes, 100 gallons of water and all that other good stuff) i will not always have 100 gallons of water with me because my motorhome has 40 gallons and me and my family do just fine with that. so 6000 would be the max i would be towing with it, my truck has a rating of 8,300 pounds so how will it do?:excuseme:

I have a 20 ft. Fun Runner, which is really light compared to others. My half ton will pull it, but not so well, you know the truck is working hard to do so. Also depends on where you are pulling, how many hills, etc....

I have a 3/4 ton with an 8.1 suburban, now this will pull it at 80mph!

I know this has been brought up a lot before but i couldnt find anything that met my criteria, i have a 2001 gmc sierra 1500, it is 2wd and has a 5.3l engine with 30,000 miles. It has the tow haul feature, along with all the other towing packages. i am really looking at the weekend warrior 19fk superlite. I want to know before i buy it, how my truck will do towing this.

dry weight on the trailor is around 3,300 and fully loaded i caculated it to being around 6000 pounds (7 bikes, 100 gallons of water and all that other good stuff) i will not always have 100 gallons of water with me because my motorhome has 40 gallons and me and my family do just fine with that. so 6000 would be the max i would be towing with it, my truck has a rating of 8,300 pounds so how will it do?:excuseme:

Maybe this will help, I used to tow a WW FS2300 Super lite with a 99 Dodge 1500, 5.9, V8, 360 Magnum Engine, my truck had 130,000 miles on it. You will feel the trailer with your truck when loaded. The things you will have to consider is maintenance on your truck, tire pressure, and make sure your hooked up properly with the weight distribution kit, but thats just the every day check towing.

A couple things,

See if you can get the trailer weighted BEFORE you buy it..... the "empty" weight sometimes is just that. An empty shell of a trailer.

How are you going to get 7 bikes in there?? I have a 26' NRG toyhauler and 2 fullsize 3 mini bikes is a tight fit........

Yes, the 1/2 ton will pull it. But a 3/4 or 1 ton will be better, just like board shorts are better for me to wear then a thong :crazy:

Thats close to 2000lbs of bikes alone. Yikes... That railer is probably closer to 5000 dry. Make some of them bring their own truck and bike, cause you aint gonna get all of those guys in your truck anyway. Sounds like you may max the trailer itself out (dual 3500lb axles).

What gears does your truck have in it? Thats a big factor, at least for me and my 1/2 ton woes...

4:10's are the way to go. i have 35's and 4:10's on a f-150 with the 5.4 and am buying a hauler soon. i might need lower gears though. i"ve towed a 23ft "ultimate" boat not too many problems. i think it weighs near 5000 or so

yah so therefor it would be better for towing right? and i checked weekend warriors website and i will be emailing them asking them about the dry weight(if the includes everything except water and bikes).

EDIT:

axle weight

FK1900 Pull 3312 lb

Note: All Weights of trailers are approximate and w/ standard features only. When adding

options this will increase trailer weight and decrease cargo carrying capacity

My truck is supercharged so that helps on the hills, as long as you dont try doing 70 everywhere you'll be fine. Most really steep hills have a truck lane, just drop it out of overdrive and do 40 in those situations.

I pulled mine loaded to the top with 2 bikes and 4 days worth of stuff in the truck 6 hrs to suprise AZ, there were some really decent grades on the way and at one time I was down to 45mph, if you take your time and drive for the amount of weight you are pulling you'll be fine.

I also replaced the breaks on the trailer the same week I got it and slapped on 4 new tires, If you are buying used budget $400 to replace all the safety stuff for piece of mind.

yah so therefor it would be better for towing right? and i checked weekend warriors website and i will be emailing them asking them about the dry weight(if the includes everything except water and bikes).

EDIT:

axle weight

FK1900 Pull 3312 lb

Note: All Weights of trailers are approximate and w/ standard features only. When adding

options this will increase trailer weight and decrease cargo carrying capacity

When you look at axle weight you need to add what-ever they say the tounge weight is, those two #'s added together gives you the "dry weight".

Also, WW's "dry weight #'s don't include any options. Basically, it's a stripped down TH. I've looked at the actual weight on the FK1900 and with typical options found on that TH, it weights in closer to 4770 lbs. Depending on the specs of your truck it should be okay.

However, to be on the safe side I would go over to www.rv.net and ask the same question in their towing forum. There are some very knowledgable people over there.

?