07 WR Petcock

Hey WR boys, I was wondering which way does your outlet on your petcock point, to the front wheel or rear? I bought a IMS tank and they said a 07 WR 450 petcock points to the rear, which I need because the stock petcock has to be installed back wards, (lever to the motor). Any pics or info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

WB

Idaho,

They are right. Just install your stock petcock so that it faces the rear.

It is as simple as that. I have the IMS 3.1 and did the same. The petcock lever is now on the inside (near the engine). Off is forward and on is still down.

Good Luck,

Doug

Idaho,

They are right. Just install your stock petcock so that it faces the rear.

It is as simple as that. I have the IMS 3.1 and did the same. The petcock lever is now on the inside (near the engine). Off is forward and on is still down.

Good Luck,

Doug

That's how I have it, but I hoping to have the lever on the out side. IMS told me the WR swill mount right up with the petcock lever on the out side.

That's how I have it, but I hoping to have the lever on the out side. IMS told me the WR swill mount right up with the petcock lever on the out side.

It will, I think.... but you have to run a lot more fuel line... I just ordered a an 01' WR426 petcock.... fuel line connection is on the RH side (close to the carb and it will mount right up to your IMS..

Frankly, it's a major pain to operate the petcock while it is turned face inward:thumbsdn:

Yea, you will need to get a lot more fuel line and routing it may be a bit awkward. I installed mine as they suggested and cut the fuel line to fit accordingly. Agreed, pain in the a$$ to turn on / off:crazy:

The stock fuel line length is fine, but if you guys say the outlet is pointing to the right on a WR, I'll round up a 07 WR petcock and should be good.

Thanks,

WB

Or better yet, just do what I did and get an 06 wr petcock and call it good. It faces the correct direction.:ride:

Or better yet, just do what I did and get an 06 wr petcock and call it good. It faces the correct direction.:ride:

:applause: that's what I'll do.:applause:

What bike did you do that on?

That sounds like the way to go.:thumbsup:

OK.... Just dawned on me that WB has a YZ... I was getting confused:bonk: Yeah the only advantage for you in getting the 07' WR petcock is the reserve:excuseme:

You need older WR petcock... pointing in the correct direction

OK.... Just dawned on me that WB has a YZ... I was getting confused:bonk: Yeah the only advantage for you in getting the 07' WR petcock is the reserve:excuseme:

You need older WR petcock... pointing in the correct direction

Ya, I have a 07 YZ. I don't need reserve, The YZ petcock as your looking at it, to the left, I need one that points to the right. IMS petcock in in a different location.

Ya, I have a 07 YZ. I don't need reserve, The YZ petcock as your looking at it, to the left, I need one that points to the right. IMS petcock in in a different location.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean... some one here said the 06' WR petcock will work. I know for a fact that the WR426 petcock will work - meaning with the valve facing out, your fuel line connection will be on the right (carb) side.

Good Luck :ride:

Oh and I have an IMS 3.1 that I am considering trading for a Clarke if anyone is interested:excuseme:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean... some one here said the 06' WR petcock will work. I know for a fact that the WR426 petcock will work - meaning with the valve facing out, your fuel line connection will be on the right (carb) side.

Good Luck :ride:

Oh and I have an IMS 3.1 that I am considering trading for a Clarke if anyone is interested:excuseme:

Why are you making the switch?

Why are you making the switch?

The CLARKE is narrower and appears to carry more of the fuel down low, I don't know the exact capacity on the CLARKE but it's a hell of lot more than 2.1 gallons:thumbsup: . I rode my buddys 07 YZ with the CLARKE and compared to my 07 WR with the IMS it felt much more comfortable and a lower center of gravity... same issues with the petcock though :foul: The IMS appears to make more room up high in the tank and if you figure 8 lbs per gallon of fuel, it can make a difference in the bike feeling top heavy.

The part# for the 06 WR450 fuel cock assembly is 2GU-24500-02-00. It faces to the rear of the bike with the lever on the outside. The TT store has them in stock.

Use an Older WR petcock it solves all the issues. WR Dave.

Thanks guys.

I didn't like the valve facing inward either so I got a longer fuel line turned the valve around and replumbed. Problem solved.

I didn't like the valve facing inward either so I got a longer fuel line turned the valve around and replumbed. Problem solved.

I've seen that and it is done successfully, I just get concerned about getting it caught on stuff....:excuseme: It's an awful lot of fuel line.