HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
holdon

Wr400 2000 - rear shock maintenance

7 posts in this topic

just a quick one - ive gone to grease up my rear shock and ive noticed there are no grease nipples....

how do i service the rear shock?

All you can really do is grease the top and bottom bushes, other than that its take it apart and rebuild it but i wouldnt recommend doing that unless you know exactly what your doing....

oh ok.....so these are a "maintenance" free item.

it was just squeaky and clicky the other day so i wanted to pump some grease into it.

thanks for the response

oh ok.....so these are a "maintenance" free item.

it was just squeaky and clicky the other day so i wanted to pump some grease into it.

thanks for the response

Might be worth looking at the linkage to see if that needs some grease.

Take the whole swing arm off and grease everything. The world will be a better place if you do.

Grease the bushing for the shock mounts real good as these will give a annoying squeek at times. Also grease all the swingarm and suspension bearings as noted earlier. This will really improve the ride....

If you want to service your shock and you're not quite comfortable with it you can check out the Shock Maintenance DVD from Motopower. I personally think it is easier to do the shock than the forks.

http://www.motopowervideo.com