HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
btray

where to wire in an hour meter 04 450

10 posts in this topic

Picked up an hour meter and the diagram shows to rap around the plug wire. As you all know the only wire that is visable is the two leads that go to, I guess the coil that sets on top of the plug connector assy. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Wrap it around the coil. Find the two wires and chase them toward the plug. When you hit the large round cap sitting on top of the plug, wrap the wire.

There was a thread awhile back where a guy ran shrink wrap over the wire before wrapping, wrapped the wire, then threaded the end back thru, and shrunk it. Looked really clean and solid.

Is it important how many times your wrap around the "large round cap"?
Not IMHE. I have mine wrapped 3x for no particular reason other than it seemed like a nice number.

Is that below the little box that sets on top of the cap?

Yep, wrap it three times then wire tie the end to the rest of the wire and trim it back. Leave enough slack in the long wire so you can get the plug cap off later.

The factory look can be achieved by wiring the unit into the kill switch. Thats how I did mine with it stuck just behind the steering stem on the frame.

You can't see much wiring and it hasn't budged a mm.

are you saying that the kill sw. wire is related directly to the coil wire and will trigger the meter just the same?

Did someone say factory look?

coil.jpg

I just wrapped electrical tape around the hour meter wire when I was done, you can't hardly tell it didn't come that way from the factory. Added insurance against it coming loose also.