HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdilpkle

How to remove the factory "650L" logo from seat????

11 posts in this topic

I want to remove the white factory silk-screened (?) "650L" logo from both sides of my red seat. Has anyone been able to do it without destroying the seat - I don't want to buy a new seat or seatcover at this moment.

I've tried alcohol, WD-40 - both seprate and mixed), Experimented w/ acetone (DON'T - it eats seat cover - as I thought it might!) I can live with it for the moment, but it would be nice to remove it if I can. Thanks.

jdipkle

The frame thing sounds good. Except my air filter may not like the view above if I did that. Butt, whatever works!

jdilpkle

remove the seat and ride on the frame.

yeah, and it would still be more comfortable than those trendy euro DS bikes. :p

Toluene worked. Thanks.

Can't register a R in CA. I got my xl w/ 5800 miles original owner never off road. At least i can get my 'tardin sea legs on it. Thanks again.

jdilpkle

You could buy a new bike.......like an "R"....sorry just bustin your chops.....:thumbsup:

if they come with a seat "ornament" like your avatar, i'm in!!:thumbsup: