HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunataxi2

1994 rxl 650 wont start

11 posts in this topic

I have had this problem befor . after rideing bike down to the beach came home parked in the garage .The next morning the pig wont stast .Itook off the spark plug wire NO SPARK. posably bad coil bad black box kick stand switch kill switch in handle bar.???????::

take a look at your kickstand and clutch switches. also make sure your kill switch is off!

Being that it is a 94 I would start with the Cdi box. If it is not that, then you know it is working when trouble shooting. That box will be going soon anyway!

Yeah, just take both wires going to the clutch switch and ground them both- all "crank" and "run" safeties bypassed.

dave

check the kill switch I found on my 2004 that if it was slightly pushed in the off position barely unseated it would not start