HELP! Need Pics of WR Coolant Overflow Tank -

I have an 02 YZ426 and need to install an overflow tank.

Can someone please take me some detailed pics of how your WR has the overflow tank mounted, and were they run the lines.

Thanks.

I can take some pics of my 06 if you think that would help, let me know.....

this one probably won't help much....

wr4500021024fv0.jpg

I'll see if I can pull the side cover off my 02 and get some shots..........stay tuned.

You'll need a WR subframe or modify your one to mount the tank. The YZ subframe doesn't have the tabs to bolt the tank to.

You'll need a WR subframe or modify your one to mount the tank. The YZ subframe doesn't have the tabs to bolt the tank to.

Not nessesary... dont make mounts, just zip-ty it to your subframe. Many people make thier own overflow tank out of turkey basters, or something. Get creative!!! :ride:

Thanks for the Awesome pics BYGGD.

The tank should be to me in a few days, then I will let you guys know how the install go's.

Not a problem! :thumbsup:

I've seen a thread in here, and you might find it by searching, but there were pics of one made with a 8" or so length of PVC pipe capped at both ends with a supply/return line and overflow line tapped into the top and the whole thing was zip tied to the frame or rad guard on the LH side of the bike... it looked good, cheap and effective:thumbsup:

That sounds like a good idea and easy enough to make. But how would you read the fluid level?

I found a YZ450 catch can for $18 shipped off eBay.

I just got it in last night and once I get it hooked up I'll take some pics and post.

Oh Yeah! One more thing.

On the catch can I got (YZ450) it has 3 lines connected to the bottle. What are the 3 lines for?

1. Is for the vent.

2. Is for the overflow to push the coolant back into the bottle, then suck it back into the radiator.

3. What is this one for?? Its located by the top of the bottle right under the cap.

Got the overflow tank installed.

Everything was very simple, it was off a 05 YZ450F, so very little mod's had to be made.

Now I cant wait to get out there and see how it does.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Before.

CIMG2771.jpg

After.

CIMG2773.jpg

CIMG2778.jpg

CIMG2775.jpg

You run the e-series with no plate or discs? It must rattle the wax loose in your ears :eek:

You run the e-series with no plate or discs? It must rattle the wax loose in your ears :eek:

uhhhh.... he didn't even wash it, or even knock the mud off before installing the new part. :busted:

Loud sucks!!!!!!!!!

Its very loud no matter if it has the spark arrestor/disc on it or not.

The disc make the exhaust heat start mis-coloring the side of the rear fender decals and fender.

So I usually run them off.

uhhhh.... he didn't even wash it, or even knock the mud off before installing the new part. :busted:

Loud sucks!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I usually have it spotless, and everyone gives me a hard time cause I'm detailing a "Dirt Bike".

But I have a 5 week old baby, and he did not want to cooperate so I could clean the bike.

I was lucky to get time to do the install.

Its very loud no matter if it has the spark arrestor/disc on it or not.

The disc make the exhaust heat start mis-coloring the side of the rear fender decals and fender.

So I usually run them off.

I agree and disagree. When I bought my 02 it had the e-series set up like you have it and it was WAY too loud. I added the spark arrester, 4 discs and the quiet core insert and while it was still loud at WOT it helped a lot. Keep in mind every disc is = to a 1/4" opening.

Yeah I usually have it spotless, and everyone gives me a hard time cause I'm detailing a "Dirt Bike".

But I have a 5 week old baby, and he did not want to cooperate so I could clean the bike.

I was lucky to get time to do the install.

I understand.... I was just flipping ya some sheet :busted: