Head light bulb?

Ok My headlight went Tango Uniform. I pulled the bulb, and it appears to still have the filament intact. I tracked the wires and they appear good. Any thoughts?

Anyone know where to get a replacement bulb without having to go to the local Honda shop, 80 miles away.

Thanks!

oops, I forgot its 2002 Xr650r

is it a XRL? if so i replaced mine was a H4 bulb that i got at auto zone seems to be a widely used 12v bulb for cycles.

I think I sent my edit right when you were responding, sorry about that. Yeah it's an R model, might be the same bulb though, but I doubt it. I think the L has to have a high beam for DOT.

You might want to check the bulb with a meter to be sure that the problem is not something other than the bulb.

The best thing to do is just mail order one. I would be bad to drive to the dealer only to find out they don't have one on hand.

There is a PIAA replacement that gives a little more light. The downside is it is expensive at about $30. I think with a little grinding and wiring a H3 bulb can be made to fit. You can get one of those at any autoparts store or even Walmart.

There is a PIAA replacement that gives a little more light. The downside is it is expensive at about $30.

Yikes!

Interestingly enough the kill switch is run thru that same circuit. I had the bike idling so I could check the light, when I went to turn it off (keep it from overheating)the kill switch wouldn't work. I had to put the light bulb casing back togehter to turn off the bike. Weird.