HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
767driver

Head light bulb?

6 posts in this topic

Ok My headlight went Tango Uniform. I pulled the bulb, and it appears to still have the filament intact. I tracked the wires and they appear good. Any thoughts?

Anyone know where to get a replacement bulb without having to go to the local Honda shop, 80 miles away.

Thanks!

oops, I forgot its 2002 Xr650r

is it a XRL? if so i replaced mine was a H4 bulb that i got at auto zone seems to be a widely used 12v bulb for cycles.

I think I sent my edit right when you were responding, sorry about that. Yeah it's an R model, might be the same bulb though, but I doubt it. I think the L has to have a high beam for DOT.

You might want to check the bulb with a meter to be sure that the problem is not something other than the bulb.

The best thing to do is just mail order one. I would be bad to drive to the dealer only to find out they don't have one on hand.

There is a PIAA replacement that gives a little more light. The downside is it is expensive at about $30. I think with a little grinding and wiring a H3 bulb can be made to fit. You can get one of those at any autoparts store or even Walmart.

There is a PIAA replacement that gives a little more light. The downside is it is expensive at about $30.

Yikes!

Interestingly enough the kill switch is run thru that same circuit. I had the bike idling so I could check the light, when I went to turn it off (keep it from overheating)the kill switch wouldn't work. I had to put the light bulb casing back togehter to turn off the bike. Weird.