HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kskyles

Brake Bleeder Pumps

4 posts in this topic

hey guys-

i've got spongy brakes, and i think i've got some stubborn bubbles in there. i've been bleeding them the old fashioned way, and i've decided to try one of these hand pump bleeders.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid=00947058000&cat=Mechanics+Tools&subcat=Automotive+Specialty+Tools&vertical=TOOL&ihtoken=1

have you guys had any success with these? do they just add complexity to an already annoying maintenance item?

if this doesn't work, i think i may have something else wrong. might need to do some more detailed brake maintenance.

Kyle, just go to your local auto parts store like autozone, it was like 25.00 and it worked great for me, after putting on a new resivoir on both my bikes. The only way ill bleed my brakes now.

GL

Snowman

Let it sit over night with a zipty holding the lever down, then cut it off and flick the brake line with your finger while you bleed it. This should work, you really dont need anything fancy...