HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hozhead

WR450 plastics on a WR400

4 posts in this topic

I've done several searches with no luck so here goes...

Has anyone done a full plastic swap from an 03-06 WR450 to a WR400?

- I've got a 2000 WR400 Supermoto that could REALLY use a YZ style tank and seat for better seating position. I'm considering an aftermarket, high capacity YZ400 tank but would prefer to use a WR450 tank, seat, shrouds, rear fender, number plates, etc.

- I'm not opposed to swapping the subframe and airbox but I need to know if that's possible before buying the parts and I don't know anyone with a WR450 that I can pull parts from to test.

I saw that the "Team Scream" YZ426 has some 450 plastics but there weren't many details in the thread regarding what was involved to swap those.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

This is a 2001 YZ426 with '03-'05 YZ bodywork, but you should be able to do the same thing with your WR.

DCP_5983.jpg

So did you need to swap the subframe to make that happen.

And is that a 450 tank? Yes, I know its not stock but is it for a 450 specifically.

It's a YZ 450 3.3 gal (or whatever) IMS tank ...... the subframe and airbox are also 03-05 250/450 YZ parts. Pretty much a bolt on. Just need to make brackets for the tank mount and trim the upper subframe mount of the frame.

There should be alot of info in the YZ forum