Ehh, blue riders going to Green, whats up??

I looked through posts and did not see this anywhere, but if it is somewhat of a repost, excuse me as I do not have the time to spend hours upon hours verifying.

Anyways, I was in the Kawi forum and found former 700MX's 08 Kawi test...interesting. Read through the topic, some of you have responded over there.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535077

Well, I can understand Red to Green, but blue to green, c'mon!

All kidding aside...I wonder if the bike with the most power is what appeals to most. If the bike can break the rear tire loose in any gear, and shread berms without a sweat, I want it. On the other hand, the Yami's are going toward tractable power, somthing previous 2 stroke riders might not like?!

I don't know guys, but Im bewildered :excuseme:

Come on guys the 08 Kawi is a sweet ride......looks like they have fixed most all the motor/suspension kinks with the exception that historically Kawis come with crap components that wear out too darn fast or break to easy.....and this seems to be evident with chainguides, plastic and wheels on the 08. But if I was in the mkt for a 08 this bike at this point....with 08 yami and 08 kawi out, the green machine would be a serious option......well at least that day I added my 2 cents it was:excuseme:

Ga, I respect your opinion as well as all others. I am not ragging on the KX at all. I know it is a very fine machine and it has been favored by many riders, which is evident at the track also.

I am most suprised that long time Yami riders, who know about the reliability and great suspension are saying how much money it takes to make the YZ's run right. That doesnt make much sense. Maybe im missing something, but how many KX's can go as long as a YZ top end can? I guess Im just suprised, and happy for you at the same time.

happy riding guys.

I am most suprised that long time Yami riders, who know about the reliability and great suspension are saying how much money it takes to make the YZ's run right. That doesnt make much sense. Maybe im missing something, but how many KX's can go as long as a YZ top end can? I guess Im just suprised, and happy for you at the same time.

happy riding guys.

You can not argue with yami durability/reliability:thumbsup: .

I'm sorry, I hate that.

I hate that saying too. Sounds like something Jimmy Lewis would say. :crazy:

Anywho, The green bike would not be an option for me. A friend of mine had a rod come thru the bottom of his engine case on his 6 month old KX450. Kawasaki won't help him and now my opinion of Kawasaki has been changed forever. ? Black rims or not, its not an option if the manufacturer won't stand behind it.

I would, however, be tempted to buy a red bike, but with my wife and I both riding, I don't have time for the added maintenance the Honda requires, so we will continue to ride blue bikes. ?

• Like 1

I believe Red is getting their stuff together in the reliability department. I guess I shouldn't care, but I just found it rather odd that not just one, but a few were saying the exact same things about the green bikes. I don't even know what they did to the bike for 08 because to be honest, I dont care...

I guess if I had the money I wouldn't care as much about how long an engine lasts, or how terrable the suspension is, just send it away to have it done. To bad im not rich, otherwise I would really just "pick a color."

yamaha 100%. i cant be caught riding a kawi. i could get shot. but i may ride a honda as long as its not mine. Rockers blow

i might ride a rmz just because ricky had won everything on it. and i would get his replica because i support ricky not bubba just my rant hehe:rant:

as for yamaha making changes. I WANT TO SEE IT. maybe a robot that will change my oil and clean my air filter for me ??? oh and a computer chip that can tell me if my valves are close to out of spec or are out of spec! that would rock!

and tell me if my oil needs to be changed. efi would be nice to. and if it came with tracks for the winter/ski and it should come with 17's and racing slicks along with oversized disks and small sprockets.

NOW THATS WORTH 10,000!

I hate that saying too. Sounds like something Jimmy Lewis would say. :crazy:

Anywho, The green bike would not be an option for me. A friend of mine had a rod come thru the bottom of his engine case on his 6 month old KX450. Kawasaki won't help him and now my opinion of Kawasaki has been changed forever. ? Black rims or not, its not an option if the manufacturer won't stand behind it.

I would, however, be tempted to buy a red bike, but with my wife and I both riding, I don't have time for the added maintenance the Honda requires, so we will continue to ride blue bikes. ?

a new engine for a customer ? from a multi billion dollar company and wont hook him up.. thats another reason. i hate kawis