HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtman22

03 yz 450f backfiring, please look

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i just installed a Jardine RT 4 exhaust system on my 03 yz 450f and as i had expected there is a pretty bad backfire on the decel. Now im not an expert by any means with the mechanical side of bikes, but i knew that i had to adjust the fuel screw in some way. 1) What kind of bolt is in that hole cause i cant see in there so i dont know what kind of tool to use to adjust it?

2) Which way should i turn it because im trying to make the mixture richer, correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And for any of you that are thinking of posting that i should have searched the forum because there are a million of these threads already u can go to hell because i already looked and none answered my question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am surprised GreyRacer did not slam you for your stab..... so I will offer my 1.25cents...:prof:

This is not the nice way to ask for advice my friend..........what you are saying applies to oil threads, and oil threads only. I applaud you for making the effort to use the search function and in the future I suggest a different tone:blah:

So use your fuel screw first to see if this helps get rid of the popping, and you may need to rejet for the pipe mj or pj for leaner or richer. Call the pipe company for their recomendations on your bike:thumbsup:

I am surprised GreyRacer did not slam you for your stab..... so I will offer my 1.25cents...:prof:

This is not the nice way to ask for advice my friend..........what you are saying applies to oil threads, and oil threads only. I applaud you for making the effort to use the search function and in the future I suggest a different tone:blah:

I missed that whilst trying to catch up from being busy all day, but there are a couple of individuals who tend to go off about certain categories of questions. Funny, too, because I think there's actually been more "anybody use a Rekluse? " threads than oil questions. :smirk:

I missed that whilst trying to catch up from being busy all day, but there are a couple of individuals who tend to go off about certain categories of questions. Funny, too, because I think there's actually been more "anybody use a Rekluse? " threads than oil questions. :smirk:

Yep that would be me :p

I am the "ANTI OIL THREAD DICTATOR" an no one forget it.....:eek:

I never read the Rekluse threads....because I see no reason to have one :excuseme:

But you are right lets ban these and "What oil to use" threads also:applause: :applause:

Just kidding.....:banana:

Hey thanks for the help and im sorry for being a little too harsh with the go to hell comment, but lets be honest, i guarantee someone would have posted and gone off about how there are a million other oil threads and that have i ever heard of the search button, and i just didnt want to deal with that.

Hey thanks for the help and im sorry for being a little too harsh with the go to hell comment, but lets be honest, i guarantee someone would have posted and gone off about how there are a million other oil threads and that have i ever heard of the search button, and i just didnt want to deal with that.

you are good ...no mention of oil or rekluse. ...:applause: