HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Double Duece WR

White Bros E-series?

17 posts in this topic

I have the E2 and like it. I have the YZ spark arrestor, which has a larger nozzle than the WR. The brushed finish will hold up well without showing a lot of wear and tear too.

Chris

BikeJun2007005.jpg

I've got an E2 on my WR450F, there not very popular in the UK for road use as they are too loud & attract alot of attention from the police.....:busted:

Gives the bike lots of power though along with all the free mods you can do to the bike! :ride:

BikeJun2007005.jpg

I've got an E2 on my WR450F, there not very popular in the UK for road use as they are too loud & attract alot of attention from the police.....:busted:

Gives the bike lots of power though along with all the free mods you can do to the bike! :ride:

Is it like in this picture or the tunable type where you can add and remove discs?

It’s a decent system but they tend to be a bit loud. I had one on my 02 wr and I could make it quiet but only by taking it down to 3 discs with the quiet core insert but to get power out of it there needs to be 4 to 6 discs which made it too loud for my liking and the areas I ride. I’ve seen them on used ebay for around $125 so for new the price seems fare.

I would install it, open up the air box and see but most likely you will need to re-jet since the jetting is stock. There is a great jetting tutorial in a sticky at the beginning of the forum. It's really not that hard.

I never had touched a carb in my life and followed the forums directions and jetted it in no time maybe took 45 min. jd jetting kit is easy.

Installed Slip-on last night. Is it going to hurt anything to ride with the stock jetting? I rode it for about 10 min. everything seemed fine.

I would go up one size on your main jet and turn the mix screw out 1/2 a turn.

Better to be safe than sorry...

What would happen? How would not changing the jets effect the bike? Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer:excuseme: .

I'm not an expert on jetting but this is what i know....

If your jetting is to lean your bike will run hotter and not give you max performance.

When your engine gets to hot things start to expand to much i.e. your piston and valves which causes lack of power and more wear...

In extreme situations you can melt holes in your piston and damage your valves dont panic though this does not apply to you as you will only be slightly off with your jetting as you have only changed the exhaust.

Most people want to get maximum performance while still getting the maximum life out of an engine, correct jetting helps you achieve this

Eddie will give you a far better explanation than i can but i hope this helps.:thumbsup: