HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mitch_from_Oz

Super Motard - Event #1

2 posts in this topic

Good morning all,

Well, the weekend was long and very tiring.

Neil (Splint) and I drove upto Wollongong Saturday morning. About a 10 hour trip hauling a large trailer. Afterall, it is all uphill.. :)

The event was on Sunday. There were a total of about 40 competitors from MX, SuperBike, FlatTrack and Hackers. The top three riders on the day were:

1. Eddie Warren. Yes, the American ex-supercross and motocross champ

2. Shawn Gyles - Current Australian SuperBike champ I believe (tipped to race WSB) and former MX champ

3. Mitchie. Running a shagged out ROAD rear tire before the race even started. No notable successes, yet... :D

I will write a story some time tonight for your reading pleasure..

Mitch

Yes, it certainly was a great day, and for any of you blokes who haven't seen super-motard I recommend that you go out and see it, I can't believe the amount of slide and pace these bikes got on a tight go-kart track, I'm thinking of giving it a go my self just because of the sheer fun factor( and your bike stay pretty clean too!)it truly is URBAN MOTORCROSS, thanks Mitch. :):D

P.S. here's that web site I told you about www.eatmydirt.com.au check it out for helmet cams and national events etc.