Seat base options with aftermarket foam

Im still getting my list together so bear with me here.

I've decided I want the Factory Effex stock height/softer foam. Now I need to find a YZ base and a cover. I like the looks of the stock stuff or even the Factory Effex stock looking seat cover.

Since Im going to have to piece it together,

my question is: Who sells the YZ style seat base to go with my softer foam? Should I buy factory Yamaha or aftermarket? Whats the price breakdown on them?

I want to order the Ty Davis tank, a DVP needle, the seat base, softer seat foam, seat cover, Acerbis motocross handguards, and maybe a Scotts Steering Dampner.

It would sure be nice to order it all through one dealer to save on seperate shipping handling fees and maybe get a package deal...is this possible? Anyone know who can hook me up?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 09-10-2000).]

Call Dusty at Montclair Yamaha 1-(800)RID-EYAM. Montclair is the only dealer that Ty will allow to sell his tank. I'v purchased lots of different stuff from Dusty and he is always fair with me. If you order all this stuff from him he may give you a good price on the package including a Stock YZ seat pan. Its just a thought.

Clark

Check IMS for the seat base, $40.00

Good luck!

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

Yeah I noticed the same thing, call them. If you find someone that is clueless be persitant they do make just the base...

As far a together you'll have to but stock I believe.

As I recal though if you do part it out its still alot less expensive that buying from Yamaha!

Good Luck!

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited 09-11-2000).]

That is exactly what I did. IMS seat base, factory effex foam(soft, stock height), factory effex cover. I gave up trying to find an assembled seat like this. I love my new seat, much more comfortable & the bike turns much better. The seat was very easy to staple together with an electric stapler, it only took 15 minutes & looks great.

Roy

Ditto that question. The only complaint I have with my 99 wr is the seat is a brick. I don't turn fast enough to need the YZ seat/tank mode, but do I have an option if wanting softer foam on the WR seat?

Thanks for any advise.

cc

Originally posted by Greg C.:

Roy, What was your total cost for that seat setup?

IMS YZ stle seat base $40.00. I got it direct from IMS, no hassles.

Factory effex blue seat cover $50.00. Factory effex stock height, soft foam YZ stle $50.00. Got these from MX south, great guys to deal with.

I beleive Ceet makes a WR stlye soft foam.

I think a softer seat is one of the best improvements you can make to the WR, I went for the YZ type seat with a Clarke tank.

Roy