HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cphillis

Jetting The Wr

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2000 Wr and have a flat spot or delay when you give it a quick wick of the throttle, I have Tryed to richen the main jet, I have tryed to lean out the main jet, I have tryed to raise the needle and lower the needle and nothing seems to cure the problem. The excel pump works great. The timng is stock it has a stock pipe. Is this normal with this bike I haven't heard of this problem before so that is why I am asking. Is it maybe because of the exhaust cam timing on the wr?

I can't say for sure whether it is the WR timing or not.

But shouldn't you be screwing around with the pilot jet. It is incredibly lean from the factory. Try atleast a 45 or if you have other mods go with a 48.

Your probably messing with something that is incurable. 4-storkes are infamous for this trait.

Ive learned to live with it.

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

cphillis,

The '00 WR (USA model) has a small pilot #42 and lean needle DRS. Some delay is expected with a 4-stroke, but not too much. So try backing out the pilot screw on the bottom of the float bowl and idle it up a little to see if the delay is reduced. Mine came at 4 turns out from the previous owner.

Then consider a #45 or #48 pilot with the DVP, EKP(EMP), or EKN(EMN) needles described in the lengthy topics posted.

James