Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ich00012

New Yz450f '07 Question

8 posts in this topic

fast bike, but why if I'm in a higher gear than 2 gear going fast, coming into a turn, i pull the clutch the bike stalls? (I have to pop clutch at 2, 3, 4, or 5th gear.) I noticed down shifting in my turns keep the bike alive, but is this Normal? Or because I have less than 3 hours on the bike its not broken in yet?

I'm used to riding a 250 2-stroke - thanks for helping, deke

My guess is that you are not fully pulling in your clutch before you lock up the back tire. You have to be more careful on the 4 stroke then when you were on the 2 stroke.

It sounds like your clutch is not fully engaging. Try to adjust your clutch to make sure it is fully engaging. Also turn up your idle speed a little bit as this should help.

Yup, I had the same problem on my 07 YZ450F going through corners, and once I turned the idle up a bit, it stopped stalling.

It sounds like your clutch is not fully engaging. Try to adjust your clutch to make sure it is fully engaging. Also turn up your idle speed a little bit as this should help.
DISengaging. It engages when you let go of the lever and it connects the engine to the trans. It disengages when you pull the lever in, and it releases its hold on the two components.

Thanks for helping !1 I upped the idle, adjusted clutch cable a little, and works perfect now....

DISengaging. It engages when you let go of the lever and it connects the engine to the trans. It disengages when you pull the lever in, and it releases its hold on the two components.

Oh thanks for clearing that up for me. I never really thought of it that way, the mechanical aspect of it anyways. I thought when you pull in the clutch you are engaging the clutch and vice versa.