Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
02YZ426

FMF Q4 On The 07

3 posts in this topic

I have to say, I'm somewhat disappointed with this pipe. Its too loud! To my ear its not one bit quieter than the stocker the 07 comes with. Why does it seem impossible to quieten these bikes to an acceptable level? My local tracks now require the db dawg insert or NO RIDE! Well, I won't run them anymore because they are too hard on exhaust packing and make the engine run hotter. Last time I used the insert the packing was being forced out the edges of the pipe, even caused the rivets to come loose. So I was really hoping this pipe would be the perfect alternative. I'm thinking they may still bi**ch about the noise my bike puts out with this pipe. What else can I do? I'm figuring that if these select tracks I ride won't except the Q4 than I won't be riding them anymore. That pipe was not cheap, so I've spent my money to help contribute to the sound cause.. I won't spend another cent either. Too bad these thumpers are killing our riding areas, and sound is a huge issue right now in my area.

I can't believe the Q4 is not quiet on your bike ,it really got mine down ,so much so that my motor now sounds like crap from all the engine niose!!

I can't believe the Q4 is not quiet on your bike ,it really got mine down ,so much so that my motor now sounds like crap from all the engine niose!!

Really? Well I don't know.. its a little quieter but not much on my bike. The nice fancy decals they put on the pipe didn't even make it through the first ride either.