'07 wr450 fmf pipe/jetting

Riding a medium pace out in the CA desert, I can get ~100 miles safely. At Cal City, my friend of mine with a stock tank and same jetting went ~70 before running out within sight of the trucks. Stock is 2.1 gal. It seems to be workimg out to ~33 - 35 mile per gallon in the desert.

Now, riding at LPNF, he would go on reserve at about the 45-50 mile mark. Considerable less. :thumbsup: get bigger tank.

I've got my '07 jetted the same way and saw a big drop in mileage from stock. Did you notice that?

Yes, a HUGE drop in gas mileage. I have to switch to reserve at around 35 miles!

I asked JD about it & he recommended trying the red needle in the 3rd position. I'm at red 4 now.

Anyone tried that needle position with a 168 main riding 2,500-5,500 ft? I think I might give it a try and see if it's too lean and if it affects mileage/power. Sounds like a bigger tank is the answer.

Thanks!

Yes, a HUGE drop in gas mileage. I have to switch to reserve at around 35 miles!

What kind of terrain do you ride in? 35 miles before reserve:eek:

What pilot are you running? I went from a 50 down to a 45 and my mileage went back to normal. I'm riding 2,500 - 5,500 ft.