HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fritz73

01 WR426 Thottle Positioning Sensor

3 posts in this topic

My question concerns the throttle positioning sensor and how it works. Is it essential to have it contected?

I just had the motor redone with a piston, rings and valves cleaned up. The bike ran beautifully on the trail and over jumps. Good power and feeling tight.

My problem arose when I was holding a steady throttle at about 1/2 to 3/4. It was acting like a rev limiter was knocking the motor down but I could rev through it.

Will the TPS cause this hesitation? Should I lean out the carb or rejet being I had a rebuild?

Do a search for TPS and you will find a lot of information on this subject. Yes with the TPS connected you can get what feels like the bike is cutting out at constant throttle and then disconnect it and the problem will go away. Much of this can be corrected by making sure the TPS is set correctly. Some people only keep it connected when riding tight stuff and disconnect it for constant throttle riding and some add a switch to go back and forth between mapping (keep in mind the bike must be turned off and restarted for the change to take affect.