What oil is recommed by you guys for the yzf

BIGWAKE----- I already told you that honda oil makes ya valves go bad duhhhhhh havent you heard haha

hahaha..looks like i'm going to have some set backs coming up..yikes!haha..but im going to use amsoil from now on..if i can find somewhere to buy it

Had been told that you could run pretty much any 10w40 motor oil but after recently looking at the manual it recommends a certain kind of oil due to glaze over on the cluth...is this a real thing or has it been disproven?

Thanks Bill

Bill, congratulations!! You are the one millionth poster of "what oil to run in my YZ" !!

Do a little searching first, then you will find a year's worth of reading on this exact topic.

Bill, congratulations!! You are the one millionth poster of "what oil to run in my YZ" !!

Do a little searching first, then you will find a year's worth of reading on this exact topic.

:banghead::blah::rant::foul:

Cut btray some slack. He is a newbie after all. Welcome to TT Bill. Oh yeah, I use spectro or yamalube. :thumbsup:

belray thumper 20w50 for warmer weather and maxima extra synthetic 10w40 for winter

I use Spectro 10W40. Works good.

hahaha..looks like i'm going to have some set backs coming up..yikes!haha..but im going to use amsoil from now on..if i can find somewhere to buy it

Go to the web site and get on the preferred buyer plan, or what ever it's called and have it shipped to you.

I run Amsoil and I am a firm believer it is the best out there.

please for the luv of MX......stop responding to this thread......

Grey please shut it down....I beg you :worthy:

All you have to do is stop reading it. :excuseme:

Thanks guys enjoyed the retoric...no CF no ECII...I'll drain the Walmart Synthetic Mobile One look-a-like and get some Amsoil from my friend who is a dealer...he'll give it to me for cost...Oh and how long would it take for the ECII and CF stuff take to mess up or glaze over the clutch plates? I've ridden it probably an hour total in 10 min practice motos.

I don't think that there's a problem with CF oils at all. EC II are the only ones that have the potential to cause trouble. If it were going to give you a problem, it most likely would have already, but there is the possibility that it could take longer. Either way, there's no certainty that it will cause trouble. But that's the problem; there's no certainty that it won't, either.

The info you really need is in the link I posted on the first page of this thread.

The three main things to remember are:

> Follow the manual recommendations for oil grade, avoid EC II oils, and don't be tempted to use a heavy oil if it's not really called for.

> Synthetics are generally better for several reasons, and won't hurt your clutch.

> Really good, high grade MC oils designed for use in motorcycles with transmissions don't necessarily lube any better than a good automotive oil, but they last far longer. It would seriously surprise you to find how quickly the transmission can beat up oils not specifically intended for such use.

I think you're right on...really love this four-stroke...Yamaha has always been good to me...had a honda 250 back in 73 then went on to own 6 yamaha 2-smokes through the years and now it's stump pullin time with this 04 450.

have a good one and thanks for the patience.

Bill