HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suikerland

Scotts steering damper - will it fit?

5 posts in this topic

Will a Scotts damper with oil-dipstick mounted post fit on an XRR with Acerbis 6 gallon tank and stock odometer?

Is there enough space there for the whole unit?

thanks

Will a Scotts damper with oil-dipstick mounted post fit on an XRR with Acerbis 6 gallon tank and stock odometer?

Is there enough space there for the whole unit?

thanks

edit - just reread your post and realized that you are doing a dipstick mount so this probably won't help you.

Not sure about it with the six gallon tank, but mine fits fine with a clark 4.3. It's sub mounted though and it is kind of a pain to check the oil but that is more due to the tank then the stabilizer. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of my setup

IMG_2849.jpg

Why worry about mounting and just get the mount that goes to the front and no worries about tank or anything else? Ive seen pics of some scotts on previous threads here.

the front mount means I definitely have to move my stock speedometer / odometer (it's a Euro-issue XRR) and I'm looking for the simplest option... the less moving of parts the better...