Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bryan Bosch

IMS 3.3 Tank /Ceet Seat users

4 posts in this topic

I know I need to keep the mounting hardware from my stock 99 WR seat (two rear mounts) however; I have a few questions:

1. If you were sitting on the bike, do I keep the left or right stock tank mounting bracket?

2. Do I need to take the front seat mount post off the stock tank?

3. IMS tells me I do NOT need my stock petcock. Does anyone disagree?

4. Is it inevitable that the natural IMS tank will yellow?

I look forward to your feedback.

I hesitate to respond because I have a 426, but I will assume I have the same IMS tank as is sold with the tank/ceet combo for WRs.

1. Left

2. Yes

3. Tank should come with pet

4. Yes. I imagine that draining your gas after you ride will slow this process somewhat. I’ve just relegated myself to living with an uglier bike. Of course, my last bike was a KX 500 :):

Bryan,

Answers:

1. If you were sitting on the bike, do I keep the left or right stock tank mounting bracket? Left

2. Do I need to take the front seat mount post off the stock tank? Yes

3. IMS tells me I do NOT need my stock petcock. Does anyone disagree? I needed it. Maybe, they are supplying a petcock now. Keep in mind the petcok will mount on the rights side. It will either be facing inwards or facing outward with a longer fuel hose routing. Either way, it is not real pretty, but it works.

4. Is it inevitable that the natural IMS tank will yellow? I assume that it would to some extent. The blue matches Yamahas colors nicely.

In hindsight, I would have gone with a YZ tank and YZ seat. I rarely use over 2 gallons before I take a break for refueling.

Anyone happen to have a YZ gas tank for sale?

Eric in WA