anybody need a parts bike? xr650l

Yeah, I'd offer to at least look at it if it didn't involve a 3hr drive and $50 in gas.

I'm with everyone else on this....it could be bad rings, or valve seals maybe. Although I would expect to see blue smoke from oil burning.....

You should really get a second opinion, before you end up dumping the thing.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for the input. I knew they were asking for way too much. So everybody knows. The Shop is Motoworld of elcajon. I have had problems in the past with them. I Swear if you dont have an 07 racebike that needs a prep. They Dont want to deal with you. I'll never use them again. I really appreciate all the inputs. Thank you

Try MCGoodies in Pasadena. Their number is 888-252-2000 and if you do call ask for Travis. He has allways given me great service and is an honest mechanic.

Try MCGoodies in Pasadena. Their number is 888-252-2000 and if you do call ask for Travis. He has allways given me great service and is an honest mechanic.

I hope you call and get another opinion. I would like to hear what the REAL problem is.

Surprised the first mechanic didn't give you the astronomical quote then offer to take the whole bike off your hands for $500 (since it isn't any good anymore).:censored:

I hope you call and get another opinion. I would like to hear what the REAL problem is.

Surprised the first mechanic didn't give you the astronomical quote then offer to take the whole bike off your hands for $500 (since it isn't any good anymore).:censored:

They offered me 400 as a trade in on a new XRR

They offered me 400 as a trade in on a new XRR

Typical.