CLARK- JETTING

Clark,

I recently installed a dvp needle in my 00. I installed it in position #4.This change got rid of all the irritating surge while road cruising. As yo may remember, i am running 178 main, 48 pilot, stock exhaust with Stoker dual sport insert. For my usual 1500'- 6000' riding am i good to go with the needle position or will i get more hit with the needle at # 3?

Glen

Your bike should run just fine form 1500 to 6000ft with the setup you describe.

Personally I use the same jetting only switch to a DVR #3 or 4 if riding above 5000 to 6000 feet for a whil--like a week long riding trip. But just for everyday trail use like up to Gorman (4000 to 8000ft) day ride I do not change anything except close the fuel screw a 1/2 turn.

Clark

Glenn,

Are you running WR or YZ timing, and how is the power throughout the throttle range with your current jetting setup? Also, do you get any hesitation right off idle?

Thanks Clark, i also feel that this is good all around jetting for my varied riding conditions.

Tim in Washington, i have wr timing, and have very little hesitation when whacking open the throttle at low speed. The stock pilot jet (42) had major stumbling off the bottom.

Glen

I thought you were YZ timed and it turns out you have WR timing. With WR timing if you want to use the DVP needle might want to try #6 or #5 clip positions as the the WR likes fuel a little sooner in the throttle opening. A 175 to 178 MJ should be fine. I would not use a DVR needle in a WR timed bike unless you are above 12000 feet.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

Clark

Clark,

I'm settled on the pilot, main and airscrew,

whats the deal on the needle? DVP or DRS and what clip position?

Glenn

Glen

With the WR Timing I would go for the DVP vs the DVR and the clip between #4 to #6 start with a #5.

Clark

Is the dvp right for my setup? it came stock with DRS #3, i changed to current jetting but with a DVR at #4 on recommendation from Stroker. I thought the stroker set up ran very strong but had the major surge and miss at cruising speed. As i stated in the earlier post the DVP # 4 got rid of that and now you think that i will get better result with the richer clip positioning?

Glenn