HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MX974

Billet Aluminum Cargo Rack for WR 450 any Good?

15 posts in this topic

I order 1 last week . I'll tell you how it looks when I get it.Then when I lay it down I'll tell you if I bent or not.

I've been looking for something like that!!! Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

I am definitely keeping my eye on this post.

$180 + shippping :eek: :eek: :eek:...Holy Gold-Plated Fleecing Batman!!!...SC

Yeah, they're pretty proud of that rack:eek:

We all like nice racks:eek:

There aren't many places on the WR to bolt a rack to so it will be interesting!

I like it even at that price..rather not pay it but it beats some of the alternatives I've used..especially carrying the chain saw:eek:

I have one on my 07 and it is great. It is very solid and looks nice on the bike. Makes it easy to pick up the back of the bike as well.:thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Can we see a picture of it?

Did it bolt up fairly easily and not require any modifications like cutting the number plates or fender?

Thanks,

Jay

click on my garage under my avatar and there is a picture in there. I had my dealer include it with the bike so they put it on. I dont think there is any cutting if there is its very little and I cant see were they did.

I too have a PMB Rackit on my WR 450. I've had it about 2 1/2 years and have laid the bike down lots of times with no damage to the rack. I also have their chainsaw carrier that mounts to the rack. VERY high quality products. I am a Forest Service volunteer and have 3 adopted trails in the Prospect OHV System so I have the saw mount on and off the bike constantly. The rack stays on all the time. Other than the bike itself it was the best purchase that I have made.

When installing the rack you will have to trim a place on each number plate about 1/2" x 3/4" . They have very detailed instructions but are quite easy to follow.

Unfortunately I have no picture of it. Wish I did.

Jim

I too have a PMB Rackit on my WR 450. I've had it about 2 1/2 years and have laid the bike down lots of times with no damage to the rack. I also have their chainsaw carrier that mounts to the rack. VERY high quality products. I am a Forest Service volunteer and have 3 adopted trails in the Prospect OHV System so I have the saw mount on and off the bike constantly. The rack stays on all the time. Other than the bike itself it was the best purchase that I have made.

When installing the rack you will have to trim a place on each number plate about 1/2" x 3/4" . They have very detailed instructions but are quite easy to follow.

Unfortunately I have no picture of it. Wish I did.

Jim

Thanks for your volunteer work. I work with Tonto and Prescott National forest cleaning up trails when I have the time. This rack might be the deal. Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Thanks for your volunteer work. I work with Tonto and Prescott National forest cleaning up trails when I have the time. This rack might be the deal. Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

And thanks to YOU for cleaning trails I probably ride on. :applause: