HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426brandon

ezaust for a 426

7 posts in this topic

wich one would performe better and sound better? if neither, wich one do you think? loudness doesnt matte, i ride closed coures were sound doent matter. i would like to pay 450 or less, if possible

1. Yoshimura RS-3 Comp Series Slip-On w/Stainless Steel Muffler

2. Pro Circuit T-4 4-Stroke Silencer

3. Dr.D MX Racing Exhaust System

4. FMF "Q2" S/A SLIP-ON EXHAUST

5. HMF Offroad Slip-On Exhaust

wich one would performe better and sound better? if neither, wich one do you think? would like to pay 450 or less, if possible

1. Yoshimura RS-3 Comp Series Slip-On w/Stainless Steel Muffler

2. Pro Circuit T-4 4-Stroke Silencer

3. Dr.D MX Racing Exhaust System

4. FMF "Q2" S/A SLIP-ON EXHAUST

5. HMF Offroad Slip-On Exhaust

I've had a Yoshimura pipe on my 426. It looked great, but it was loud as hell and the clamp broke, then the S pipe broke. IMO, Yoshimura exhausts are not high end pipes. I won't buy another.

I currently have a FMF Titanium 4 with the powerbomb header. The fit and finish is excellent, its holding up very well, but its a little on the loud side.

My wife has a FMF Q2 on her 250F. Its a little long and looks funny, but it makes good power and it registered 93 dB on a sound test.

Go with the Q2 and help keep your riding areas open. :thumbsup:

I don't have one on my 426, but on my quad I have an HMF slip on. It works well power wise, but it sounds really wierd with a different note that really sounds like crap when watching someone ride it. While riding it you can't really tell however. It is a little on the short side so it really helped the bottom and mid, but didn't do much on top.

I love the Dr. D system on my 426... nice throaty sound without being too loud. The quiet core kind of takes the bite out of it but its good for when I'm desert riding.

I bought mine recently, and on this bike the muffler was cut down by 2" and repacked. He stated I wouldnt need an aftermarket muffler. But at this time this bike is loud! So load that people have ask questions?? My kids love it, thou I havent asked my neighboor yet??