HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dougie

New Mexico Riding??

2 posts in this topic

Just got back from a golfing / drinking reunion with some old high school buddies in Albuquerque New Mexico...still recovering.

Anyway, I drove down from Denver and on the way back I took the long way through Santa Fe and Taos. I was really taken with Taos and I was wondering if anyone knows of any riding around that area. I would love to take the bikes down there someday.

I drove through Carson Nat'l Forest and would appreciate any information anyone has on riding in this area. I found one trailhead, Elliot Baker (Barker?), but it looked like it might be for mountain bikes only even though there were no restriction signs posted.

I also drove through Eagles Nest and plan on going back to that area also. Any riding there?

How about Santa Fe and Santa Fe Nat'l Forest?

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Dougie,

I've ridden out of Tres Ritos, NM a few times back in the '80s. I would like to go back some day. I remember the trails were always great. There are some really good stretches of single track aroun that part of the Carson NF. You can usually expect a rain shower in the afternoon during the late summer which always made for perfect riding temps. It's not as big a place as Rampart, but the trails were not whooped out, the traction was always great and there was usually very little dust. I heard a big fire around there and Las Vegas, NM earlier this year wiped out some of the trail riding areas. Post a ride report for us if you ever get down there.

Scott