New Mexico Riding??

Just got back from a golfing / drinking reunion with some old high school buddies in Albuquerque New Mexico...still recovering.

Anyway, I drove down from Denver and on the way back I took the long way through Santa Fe and Taos. I was really taken with Taos and I was wondering if anyone knows of any riding around that area. I would love to take the bikes down there someday.

I drove through Carson Nat'l Forest and would appreciate any information anyone has on riding in this area. I found one trailhead, Elliot Baker (Barker?), but it looked like it might be for mountain bikes only even though there were no restriction signs posted.

I also drove through Eagles Nest and plan on going back to that area also. Any riding there?

How about Santa Fe and Santa Fe Nat'l Forest?

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Dougie,

I've ridden out of Tres Ritos, NM a few times back in the '80s. I would like to go back some day. I remember the trails were always great. There are some really good stretches of single track aroun that part of the Carson NF. You can usually expect a rain shower in the afternoon during the late summer which always made for perfect riding temps. It's not as big a place as Rampart, but the trails were not whooped out, the traction was always great and there was usually very little dust. I heard a big fire around there and Las Vegas, NM earlier this year wiped out some of the trail riding areas. Post a ride report for us if you ever get down there.

Scott