Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426brandon

street leagal

42 posts in this topic

I've got a '98 yz400 with a plate. I bought it that way though, so I didn't have to jump through any hoops to get it registered here in CA.

this company has all the parts you need for lighting. www.proracing.co.uk

Nick, what's the price range for the yz 450f kits? I saw 2 different options?

Thanks!

Nick, what's the price range for the yz 450f kits? I saw 2 different options?

Thanks!

TNL- you're in AZ. Get a headlight and a tail/brake light and nothing more. Turn signals are not required by AZ law. You are supposed to have a mirror and those can had quite cheap. I don't know of a cop in AZ who would write a ticket for the horn. The biggest hurdle you have is the emissions test if you're in Maricopa County.

I don't know of a cop in AZ who would write a ticket for the horn.
Sorry guys, sidbar, semi-related funny story.

1968. Riding through suburban San Diego county in a friend's 23T/Chevy roadster. CHP sees us, and since we're having more fun than he is, he stops us. Equipment check: "Let's see the lights; Brake lights..." It all works. "Let's see the wipers". The wipers are barely legal, but they work.

Then it happens: "Let's hear the horn". Jim looks at me, then back at the cop, who has a look of increasingly impatient anticipation on his face. At the top of his lungs, looking straight at the cop, Jim yells, "LOOK OUT!"

The cop didn't flinch, at least not right away. But if you looked at his face, you could see he was trying as hard as he could not to bust out laughing. He turned his back on us for a second, flipped open his ticket book, flipped it shut, then turned back around, smiling as little as he could, pointed down the road and said, "get the **** out of here!"

So we did.

Funny story Gray, thanks for sharing!

YZF plated in Hawaii

PlatedYZ3.jpg

Nice bike man is that the wr or yz I heard that getting a stater was a pain in the ass. I plan on doing that to my 06 when it iis time for a new bike.