HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Galea

XR600 Oil Cooler Lines

11 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have fitted an XR400 oil cooler to the frame of my 98 XR600. I now need the oil lines as the set-up is different from the XR400. Does anyone fabricate the oil lines? Thanks.

Regards,

Joseph

I was thinking that maybe there is a company which can supply them ready made, just need to bolt them on .... evidently not ;-)

try NAPA.

Don't think he is going to find a NAPA in Malta. NAPA is a large autoparts chain in the US.

Here in the states there are shops that specialize in hoses of all types. They can custom make just about anything with a hose. Try to find one of these hose shops.

Don't think he is going to find a NAPA in Malta. NAPA is a large autoparts chain in the US.

Here in the states there are shops that specialize in hoses of all types. They can custom make just about anything with a hose. Try to find one of thess hose shops.

ya guess i didnt see that!!:crazy:

This thread uses about 120$ worth of fittings and high end hose.

Tubing I've seen at stores has been english. think I need to hit a hydraulic shop for metric. (need to get the female nuts for the oil cooler. I figure re-use on the 600 end.

go to your local hardware store and pick up a fitting that will thread into the oil cooler and the fitting must have a 90 degree threaded hole on the side that you can thread a barbed fitting into then you slip oil cooler hose over the fitting and use a hose clamp to secure it,on the lines coming off the motor just cut them and slide the hose over them and secure with hose clamps,if you can't find metric fittings tap the oil cooler out to american pipe thread and you will be set.

no reason this set up should cost over $20.00 american,don't waste your money on expensive fittings the oil pressure is so low on those pumps you could hold the hose on with your hand.

oil cooler set up 001.jpg

Contact Summer's Racing. Good folks. They used to have them all kitted up with the cooler. They might be able to get you some.