Working in the powersports industry

I would love to find a job working in the powersports industry. Currently, I'm a product manager for A dot com and the pay is great however; I don't have a much passion for it. Does anyone work in the powersports industry? Any advise about finding opportunities in Sale Management, Product Management, or Product Representation? Sure would be cool to work within the Motorcyle industry somewhere.

Bryan,

I know what you mean about your job, I am the Director of Operations for a company that manufactures industial agitators(great big mixers). It's a fancy title that entitles me to deal with everybody elses problems. I spend an hour or two at my local dealership almost every week as my daughter is racing on thier team. I can't say I enjoy doing anything else during the week more than spending time with bikes, with people that like bikes, or even shelling out my hard earned money for bike parts. Almost every time I leave the dealership I allways think how lucky those guys are to work there.

Have you ever heard the phrase "the best way to kill your passion for something is to do it for a living"... the people I know who work in the bike retail industry (service, sales, parts, etc) pretty much all hate bikes eventually... and they don't make very much money either... Keep the two separate, you'll be glad you did.

I have no interest in working at a retail shop. Cool place to hang out on a saturday however. I would love to work as a factory rep. for someone like Acerbis, MSR, etc...

I disagree with you. I have a freind who operates www.vertx.com and loves it. He spends his time working with the sport and people he loves. He could make quite a bit more money as an executive however; he wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe he'll be big enough to bring me on board one day.

BRYAN,

I'VE BEEN WORKING IN THE POWERSPORTS INDUSTRY

FOR 6 YEARS AND I LOVE IT. I AM A WHOLESALE

MOTORCYCLE DEALER AND LET ME TELL YOU IT'S A

GREAT JOB. I GET TO RIDE AT LEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK AND I GET TO RIDE EVERY MAKE & MODEL JAPAN MAKES INCLUDING DIRT BIKES,ATVS,STREET

BIKES,WATERCRAFT AND SOMETIMES SNOWMOBILES.

IT'S CALL TEST RIDING AND IT'S MY JOB BUT SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT. GOOD LUCK!! I THANK IT'S A GREAT INDUSTRY.

MARK (2-DADS RACING)

Mark, how did you get into the business and do you make good money (be honest)? It is expensive to live in So. Cal!

:)

Bryan pick up a cycle news the want adds are full of jobs like you want,but you may have to move to get the job.

monty

BYRAN,

CALL ME I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT.

888-248-9159 THANKS MARK

Brian - It is a blast to be involved daily with what is your passion. I came from an engineering position in the metals industry to one in the M/C field and haven't regretted it a bit. If you have the chance jump on it. Like someone said, start with the Cycle News ads. Then talk to who ever you can to get your name out. Good Luck.