HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark_UK

when fitting a flywheel wieght?

6 posts in this topic

ok ive just fitted a 10oz terry cable flywheel wieght,,do i now need to grind the ends off the bolts?

How much was the 10oz. and shouldn't you be down the pub?

oh yeah, do the bolts hit anything? if not I would think it is up to you if you want to grind them off.

But I have not done that mod.

Mark, what year is your bike? If it's a 2000 or newer model, and you used the 5mm case spacer that is included with the Terrycable kit, you don't need to grind anything. If it's on a 98/99 bike, I'm not sure if you have to grind anything. I would doubt it. A quick call to Terrycable would confirm this (800)854-4691.

I've got my WR98 in to the Yamaha dealer right now getting the 12 0z. Terrycable installed. I was provided with a blue spacer that I was told will do the trick on providing enough headspace. I'll let you know.

the flywheel wieght was £95

ive had it a while but resisted installing it as a friend has a yz400 with a 10oz on it,, and the power delivery felt very tame,

ive done a number of enduros without the flywheel wieght, but eventually the stalling got to me, and yesterday i slaped the ty wieght on

the power delivery seems just the same and i rode it on tickover in first gear whilst trailing the back brake,,and still it ressisted stalling

also put on a clark tank,

im gonna keep this bike one more season then see whats new and exciting.