What's Going To Happen To The 650R?

That is exactly what I want aswell. I think there are alot of us. Well said:thumbsup:

And a six-speed. Don't forget the six speed.

I need to be able to crawl over rocks and then cruise at 85 on the freeway.

Are you reading this in Anaheim guys? Honda, hey! Are you getting all this?

-Z

And a six-speed. Don't forget the six speed.

I need to be able to crawl over rocks and then cruise at 85 on the freeway.

Are you reading this in Anaheim guys? Honda, hey! Are you getting all this?

-Z

The more I think about this (the more my head hurts!! :crazy: ) the more I think Honda is going to really surprise us all with a big-time intro. It will be replacement for the R and L, both.

Maybe they'll leave the L in the lineup, hard to say. But bringing out an e-button 650cc'd R replacement isn't going to be "over-the-top" enough to make the kind of statement Honda needs to make. The CRF450 has already proven (sorta) its Baja mettle, so now they will get serious about a true "RED" :p adventure bike platform.

Specs will be something along the lines of:

• V-twin
  • 750-900 cc,
  • injected,
  • water-cooled
  • 50-75 pounds lighter than the KTM's

The first model will be a DS config, top-end of around 130-135 mph. Motard :applause: and desert-sled configs will follow later. :ride:

Maybe I've been breathing too much gas fume, but this is my guess.

Please Honda, don't make me look like a fool. :cry:

InternalCombustion, you need to put the cap back on the gas can and move to a well ventilated area...:crazy:

InternalCombustion, you need to put the cap back on the gas can and move to a well ventilated area...:crazy:

I hear ya, man, I am feeling a bit dizzy. Maybe its because I've been trying to keep up with all the mods Huffa's been doing to that trick L of his, dunno.

I need to sit down... anybody got an asprin??

[Where'd I put my beer...?!]

Mine aint going anywhere for a long time.

Dualsport, prerunner, part time racer. (around town hooligan bike)

I dont care what they create.

The 650 will go down as a Baja icon.

Ditto!

they can have my XR650R when they pry it from my dead cold hands. ...

As a city dweller I pay about $900 :canada: in insurance so having a few bikes to cover all one's riding needs in not a wise option. I can only have one bike, so all I really need is an XR with two sets of rims, a few tank options (I have all of them) legal lights, extra hid lights and passenger pegs.

The more I think about this (the more my head hurts!! :crazy: ) the more I think Honda is going to really surprise us all with a big-time intro. It will be replacement for the R and L, both.

Maybe they'll leave the L in the lineup, hard to say. But bringing out an e-button 650cc'd R replacement isn't going to be "over-the-top" enough to make the kind of statement Honda needs to make. The CRF450 has already proven (sorta) its Baja mettle, so now they will get serious about a true "RED" :p adventure bike platform.

Specs will be something along the lines of:

• V-twin
  • 750-900 cc,
  • injected,
  • water-cooled
  • 50-75 pounds lighter than the KTM's

The first model will be a DS config, top-end of around 130-135 mph. Motard :applause: and desert-sled configs will follow later. :ride:

Maybe I've been breathing too much gas fume, but this is my guess.

Please Honda, don't make me look like a fool. :cry:

I'm keeping my 650R no matter what but I'm with ya on some v-twin DS/adventure bike. I've often thought about how the discontinued VTR 1000 Super Hawk engine might go in an adventure platform.

a bit big/heavy, an SV650 motor, or the SV400 setup from japan would be better suited I believe

Why not just improve on the L and make another production run of 15 years. I would like to see the L revamped. Lighter frame. Maybe nx 650 frame. Hop up the engine a bit. You have to have EFI(nowadays). Add the oil cooler. Just oil cooled, no radiators. Improve suspension. Six speed tranny. Add the back up kickstart. Seems this could be done using parts already in production(almost).

me too, i don't care what Honda comes up with next.

The 650R does it all for me.

Minimal, simple, kicks ass.

And i don't want no fiddly e-start or EFI. Carb and kickstart is fine for me, always has been.

I have to agree with most of you guys. You will have to literally pry by XR650R from my cold dead fingers. I wish Honda would come up with a water cooled, EFI adventure bike so I can add it to my collection but my XRR does everything I ask without any problems.

Yep. My XRR is one of four bikes I am blessed to own. Two of my bikes each cost waaay more than what I've got in the XRR, but the XRR would be the last bike to go if -God forbid- I had to get rid of them.

Kick-start and all, the XRR is the essense of what motorcycling is about.

Lord-willing and the creeks don't rise, me and Huffa-man are going to do a 600-mile road trip next month on our XR's, down to the MX of Nations races at Budds Creek. Can't wait. Yeah, there'll be plenty of monkey-butt to go around but it will still be a hoot.

I think I may love my 6fiddy more than my girl....maybe....:excuseme:

I think I may love my 6fiddy more than my girl....maybe....:excuseme:

Last night my better half asked me "If I got a tattoo of your XR650R, would you love me more than your bike?".

I had to 'plead the fifth.'

I think it come down to what you ride more, that is what you Love more.

boy is SHE gonna be pissed!!!!:busted:

Last night my better half asked me "If I got a tattoo of your XR650R, would you love me more than your bike?".

I had to 'plead the fifth.'

HaHa There is a R for sale in Hou. at Stubbs. I would like to buy it and crate it and see what it brings in 20 years. Good investment???:applause:

She's not nearly as pissed right now as she will be in 4 months. During bike season I'm usually home at a decent hour. During snowmobile season, I leave the house at 5:00 am, and don't usually get home until midnight. And I spend twice as much on parts and fuel for the sled.

Now if she got a tattoo of the XR on one side, the Polaris on the other, and my old Bronco in the center, then I may change my priorities!:devil:

I love my XRR. I mean I freak'n love it! However, most motorcycle riders (the sadly mis-informed riders) don't. Sales have been low as compared to other Honda bikes (we're talking across the board). Go into smaller Honda dealers in the past and it was hard to find a XR650R on the floor (they used to tell me it was because of a lack on interest-although they could order me one). Go into a tiny Honda shop in nowhere mid-America and you can bet you'll find a 450 and its ilk in spades. Honda, like any smart co, dumps products that don't move (like the Transalp, the very cool, but slightly too early for its time retro/naked CB1000, and probably the best sport touring bike ever built by anyone, the CBR1100XX). My guess is our trusty steed's manufacturing days are limited if not already over. There just aren't enough of us who truly know a great bike when we see one. I am the only person in my county with a XR650R. However, there are quite a few with 450s, 230s, etc., and lesser brand bikes as well. Oh well, I've got a plate for mine, a bigger tank and I'm damn happy. Plus, I don't have to change the oil every 100 miles!! Now, if only I can come up with a good way to permenantly repair spun subframe inserts.