SoCal Suspension Shops? ProValve-Too Tech-Fineline

I'm getting ready to have the suspension on my CR250 done. Ya I know, not a thumper, but we're still friends right? ;-) I've narrowed the field to :

Fineline

Pro Valve

Too Tech

Anybody with experience as a customer of these shops, I'd like to hear about it...good or bad. Email me if you want to kept it private.

I'm leaning a little towards Too Tech, the owner races a '00 CR 250 like mine, so he should know that bike cold...

They will also do the bike "while I wait". Only shop that has offered that. It's 2.5 hour drive one way so that helps.

It's tough because I know Tom at Fineline is a good guy. I don't know how much experiance he has with the CR.

Thanks

Chris

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

[This message has been edited by Chris in the Mojave (edited 08-09-2000).]

White Bros did mine and everyone that rides my bike raves about the forks... I'm very happy. The suspension guy there used to have his own shop called "clean racing" don't know if you've heard of that before. My roommate has a '00 CR250 that Pro Circuit did the forks and then a seal started leaking a few weeks later so he took the fork back. They wouldn't warrantee it, plus they just let it sit there forever, after almost two weeks he had to start calling them several times a day to get them to work on it, all it needed was a seal in one leg.

------------------

MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity

'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!

'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)

I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

If you know Tom at Fineline as well as I do, you know he will take care of you. He is the only one who can

give you what you want. I've had suspension done by

Race Tech and Pro Circuit in the past, but they seam

to just treat you as another customer, where Tom will

work with you to set the suspension, not to mention

he is at vaious events offering free help and setup.

At 6'2' and 290lbs. it takes a little work to get a bike

to work for me.

I had my CR forks done by Rick Johnson at Too Tech. The only thing that concerned me was while talking to Rick over the phone, he couldn't stop belittling all the other shops. He said no one knew CR forks like he did. That maybe so, and I did have him do it. But I could tell no difference between his mods and Factory Connections. I owned a 91 CR, and the fork fixes for that year were limited. I went to Rick because he said Factory Connection didn't know what they were doing. I did have my forks done by F.C. initially.

Honda used a different design fork in 92.

• Like 1

Chris,

I had my suspension done by Pro-Action. they are located in FMF's building. I have been real happy with them so far. They are a so called "big shop" but they treat you like they are a little shop. They had everything done in 2 days. They are always at Glen Helen also which helps if you are practicing a need a little tweaking done, they will do it right there for you. You may even call the shop ad find out what day they will be at the track. They can do the revalve right there.

I have heard that unless you are extremely fast Pro Circus and Enzo are really harsh. They do so many upper end guys thats all they know how to set up for.

Kevin

Enzo is a well know shop.... Does KYB's "only" ?

The Honda has Showa's...

Airastro,

WhAAAAAAAAAT'sssssss upppppp Brother

(that's so silly, but fun for some reason :D

Finding a shop that :

1) Knows Showa's

2) Doesn't Valve for some SX star

has been an issue!

I had ruled out all the "big guys" for that reason, but I will check them out. Did they show you any "love" ?

[This message has been edited by Chris in the Mojave (edited 08-10-2000).]

What about Enzo Racing. Beach Yamaha was raving about this guy, he just set up a shop in So Cal.

Enzo is the pro riders choice for Kayaba suspension, unfortunatly if you're not a pro you won't like his work. Also his turn-around time is supposed to take FOREVER.

------------------

MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity

'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!

'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)

I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN