XR650L-4 Days, 1137 miles

Just got back today from a trip to lexington ohio to see the superbike races. We stayed in columbus and rode about 130 mile round trip sat and sun. The race was canceled sun due to the rain. My buddies talked me into riding out there with them from here in Illinois, as they each rode crotch rockets. I stayed behind and followed them the whole way, at about 70-85 mph, and the XRL didn't give me any problems. The 15-40 gearing, road tires, oil cooler, and standard carb mods all made the trip better. Sore butt is the only problem, especially after about a 430 mile ride fri to columbus and then back home today.

Long live the XRL, as mine bought in Feb 06 now has 11,039 miles:ride:

nice ! put that pig through 'er paces! i have only done 600 miles in 4 days on mine. with full wolfman bags , tent , chair , s.bag, cooler , fishing rod, tackle box, and my 230 pounds! good ride though, surprisingly enough they make a decent sport touring bike!:ride:

nice ! put that pig through 'er paces! i have only done 600 miles in 4 days on mine. with full wolfman bags , tent , chair , s.bag, cooler , fishing rod, tackle box, and my 230 pounds! good ride though, surprisingly enough they make a decent sport touring bike!:ride:

You'll need a trailer soon !

Just got back today from a trip to lexington ohio to see the superbike races. We stayed in columbus and rode about 130 mile round trip sat and sun. The race was canceled sun due to the rain. My buddies talked me into riding out there with them from here in Illinois, as they each rode crotch rockets. I stayed behind and followed them the whole way, at about 70-85 mph, and the XRL didn't give me any problems. The 15-40 gearing, road tires, oil cooler, and standard carb mods all made the trip better. Sore butt is the only problem, especially after about a 430 mile ride fri to columbus and then back home today.

Long live the XRL, as mine bought in Feb 06 now has 11,039 miles:ride:

Oil cooler .........what kind, from an XR 400 or what?

What kind of milage are you getting ? I'm at 52-55 with 15/42 gearing, taken it easy of course.

Great trip you had there ! :thumbsup:

thats alot of miles specially trying to stay with the sport bikes ill bet they werent as comfy as you were LOL sounds like a good trip. i thought about trying to go to the MotoGP in Laguna Seca this past month but it didnt work out with the friends so have to shoot for next year.

This year I took my part of my 3 week vacation with my wife and we did some touring. Me on the Xrl And my wife on her 640lc4. We rode 4038 miles taking small country road only. We crossed in the U.S. in maine and got thru New Hampshire, vermont, New-york, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West-virginia, Virginia, Maryland, and got back home thru some of those states. We where doing around 3-400 miles a day. The Xrl did great beside drinking 3 quart of oil thru the trip. After a few days you do get used to butt pain...I had added only road tires and a windshield to the bike for the trip. We where doing camping only.