HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotoGreg

WR Flywheel weight for sale

5 posts in this topic

Anyone interested in a Terrycable 10oz. flywheel weight? I think it was $150 new, I'll sell it for $50 plus shipping. It comes with a machined billet spacer that goes between the ignition case cover and the engine case to space the cover out about 4mm for clearance.

------------------

MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity

'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!

'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)

I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS INSIDE

Greg,

Do you own a YZ or WR? The reason I ask is I checked on a flywheel weight for my WR from Terrycable. They informed me it would not fit a WR, only the YZF...???

Motogreg: Where were you about two weeks ago when I was looking for a flywheel weight? I ended up paying the 150 (less a 15% discount) from a local dealer who ordered it through White Bro's. Have you tried it on your bike? If so what was your impression?

Kevin: I'm not sure who you spoke with at Terrycable but they were misinformed. Terrycable sells a set of 3 flywheel weights for the YZF for the same price that they sell one flywheel weight for the WR. I believe the reason is that the WR requires the outer case spacer that Motogreg mentions. I called Steahly (sp?) to see if they offered weights for the WR and they offered to sell me one of Terrycables setups. The YZF and WR flywheel weights are not interchangeable. BTW Terrycable sells a 10 oz. and 12 oz. weight for the WR.

Chris is right on the money about this

Terrycable sells a set of 3 flywheel weights for the YZF for the same price that they sell one flywheel weight for the WR. I believe the reason is that the WR requires the outer case spacer that Motogreg mentions. I called Steahly (sp?) to see if they offered weights for the WR and they offered to sell me one of Terrycables setups. The YZF and WR flywheel weights are not interchangeable. BTW Terrycable sells a 10 oz. and 12 oz. weight for the WR

I have the one for the WR, it will not fit the YZ flywheel. I used to ride offroad every weekend and it helped a lot getting up tricky/loose hills. Now I ride mostly MX and I don't need it anymore.

------------------

MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity

'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!

'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)

I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN