Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knucklehead

Spark arrester 2005 wr450

11 posts in this topic

looking to pick a spark arrester for my 2005 wr 450 - any suggestion? i found one from the Yamaha web site but was hoping to find something else.

thanks.

no - i just need a spark arrester for an enduro. i remember taking the baffle out of the muffler but not the spark arrester - i dont remember seeing on either.

Take the end cap back off, then remove the 4 allen bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to the muffler body. Behind that should be the screen type spark arrestor.

Jim

Take the end cap back off, then remove the 4 allen bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to the muffler body. Behind that should be the screen type spark arrestor.

Jim

i was working on this and stripped one of the allen bolts!!!

i'll look at the Q2 - for stock exhaust?

If you have a factory exhaust and didn't remove the screen, you should still have the spark arrestor. Try vise-grips or take a die grinder(cut-off wheel )and cut into the head creating a slot for a flat head screwdriver. :ride:

I have a stock 05 YZF exhaust on my 06 WR450. I went down to my local John Deere dealer and bought a spark arrestor for an 06 J.D. Gator. Same size, and passed inspection. Not sure if your pipe is the same, but this is a good idea that might work for you. BTW, it was only $8....

If you have a factory exhaust and didn't remove the screen, you should still have the spark arrestor. Try vise-grips or take a die grinder(cut-off wheel )and cut into the head creating a slot for a flat head screwdriver. :ride:

great idea - i'll try it.

thanks.

I stripped two of the allen bolts out. I just drilled the heads off and worked studs out with a straight screwdriver.