yzf 426 problems???

i just bought 2000 yz426f for $1800 from this guy and want to know what some of the common problems are in theses bikes. the bike still has original everything including the handlebars, the plastics are stock with very little scratches, sidecases have little wear on them, has full race tech suspension, took it out for its first ride and it has power everywere and feels way easier to handle than my friends crf 450.

i just bought 2000 yz426f for $1800 from this guy and want to know what some of the common problems are in theses bikes. the bike still has original everything including the handlebars, the plastics are stock with very little scratches, sidecases have little wear on them, has full race tech suspension, took it out for its first ride and it has power everywere and feels way easier to handle than my friends crf 450.

check valves for clearance, replace cam chain and tensioner. change your oil more frequent than not

These bikes are pretty much bullet proof, I would just keep the oil changed and ride it for a while if I were you, I have checked valve clearances on my 01 426, have not had to put a shim in it yet.

I trail ride and also do 8 or 10 hare scrambles races a year, I service my suspension linkage and steering head, and check my valves twice a year and change the oil every other ride, and the air filter every ride and it just keeps on going, still has original piston and rings, does not smoke or use any oil.

Mike

I have had my 01' 426f for about 3 yrs and have beat the snot out of it in the local deserts, trail rides, and 200+ mile days in Baja. This bike never lets me down.

I do religious oil/filter change, cooling system flush, lube, air filter/box clean etc. If ya' luv er', lube er'.

You will love this bike as it does everything well.

And listen to grayracer, as someone once said "if grayracer says it, it's true"