Independent survey my a##

I got an independent dirtbike survey in the mail yesterday. Very interesting.

A lot of questions on reasons for the purchase of my bike and a lot of questions on what I would look for on the purchase of a new bike. Many questions on what I like and what I would change.

But the question I found most interesting was "which of the following bikes would I consider buying next". I was offered three choices:

1) Susuki DRZ400

2) Yamaha WR426

and get this...

3) Honda XR440

The XR440 had the following disclaimer under it..."if it was to be produced".

It listed the following description...

- 46 horsepower (WR426 only 43)

- CR style aluminum frame

- liquid cooled

- Conventional 47mm forks

- 255 lbs (WR426 268 lbs)

Independent survey my butt. I got a feeling Honda is testing the waters. Well, I'm no dummy, I checked the box indicating I would purchase the Honda XR440. And I would too. I'd be all over that thing like piss on a bum's shoe.

Man would that be a sweet bike. Oh, and the survey came with a crisp new one dollar bill inside thanking me for my time. Come on Honda!

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Dougie,

This is my second such questionaire. For some reason, I think my first one was on the Cannondale. I guess it could have been the Suzuki.

I say keep 'em coming!

Doug, I got the same survey and finished it a few days ago. What I want is the Yamaha or Honda with electric start.