01 YZ426 cutting out over rocks

Hi,

A friend of mine rides an 01 426. We ride mostly powerline type trails (in new hampshire), with tons of rocks. When we're on rocky sections, his 426 keeps cutting out (but restarts itself again when in gear). If you happen to have the clutch in it will just stall. I was thinking maybe the float? anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks!

Tom

If you happen to have the clutch in it will just stall.

this sounds like the clutch is grabbing to me. does the bike crawl forward when in gear stopped with the clutch pulled all of the way in? does it stall when u shift it into first? is the shifting notchy?

this sounds like the clutch is grabbing to me. does the bike crawl forward when in gear stopped with the clutch pulled all of the way in? does it stall when u shift it into first? is the shifting notchy?

The clutch isn't grabbing, and the shifting is smooth. No crawling when the clutch is pulled in all the way. Thanks though!

-Tom

does it idle really really low or anything like that?

does it idle really really low or anything like that?

Actually, the idle is set kind of high...

Hi,

A friend of mine rides an 01 426. We ride mostly powerline type trails (in new hampshire), with tons of rocks. When we're on rocky sections, his 426 keeps cutting out (but restarts itself again when in gear). If you happen to have the clutch in it will just stall. I was thinking maybe the float? anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks!

Tom

It could be a float issue, but it could also have a loose connection somewhere too. I'd check the float height and if its correct, then I'd pull the tank off and check all the electrical connections.