HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shifting W/O the clutch??

4 posts in this topic

I have an 01 YZ426F and it is my first dirt bike so I will be on hear ALOT with miner questions if I cant find them in a search first. So to start thing off I have a Hayabusa that I drag race and I don't use the clutch to shift and found myself doing the same with the YZ when I was on the gas hard and coming in to corners downshifting. Will this hurt the tranny or are they strong and built for it?

I have got the starting thing down now after a week so I am good there. It was nice to actually ride it this past weekend rather then trying to start it all day the weekend before. LOL

I just found a search on this with some good info so feel free to post anything that may pertain to by bike specificially that I may need to know.

Other wise the search is great.

I have got the starting thing down now after a week so I am good there. It was nice to actually ride it this past weekend rather then trying to start it all day the weekend before. LOL

lol. i remember that feeling.

i recently learned to ride with 2 fingers always covering the clutch. it's helped me stop downshifting without using the clutch alot. i still do it though.

the thing is..on my yz450f..its eezy to downshift without even knowing..its so smooth..sometimes you cant help it..but all of a sudden u feel that compression slowing u down..haha..have fun!