Shifting W/O the clutch??

I have an 01 YZ426F and it is my first dirt bike so I will be on hear ALOT with miner questions if I cant find them in a search first. So to start thing off I have a Hayabusa that I drag race and I don't use the clutch to shift and found myself doing the same with the YZ when I was on the gas hard and coming in to corners downshifting. Will this hurt the tranny or are they strong and built for it?

I have got the starting thing down now after a week so I am good there. It was nice to actually ride it this past weekend rather then trying to start it all day the weekend before. LOL

I just found a search on this with some good info so feel free to post anything that may pertain to by bike specificially that I may need to know.

Other wise the search is great.

I have got the starting thing down now after a week so I am good there. It was nice to actually ride it this past weekend rather then trying to start it all day the weekend before. LOL

lol. i remember that feeling.

i recently learned to ride with 2 fingers always covering the clutch. it's helped me stop downshifting without using the clutch alot. i still do it though.

the thing is..on my yz450f..its eezy to downshift without even knowing..its so smooth..sometimes you cant help it..but all of a sudden u feel that compression slowing u down..haha..have fun!